Sunday, June 28, 2009

The life of a stay at home mom.

This is technically only my second day off of work. I took 3 weeks vacation all in a row. It’s so freeing, I can’t explain. I’m not getting enough sleep only because I tell myself “Hey, if I need to I can take a nap”. So I’m busy knitting and cooking and baking. I’m the most domestic person you’ve ever laid your eyes on right now. Of course it is just day 2! Talk to me on day 20. It will have probably all changed by then. So here goes. At Christmas I saw these wreaths and really liked the idea. So at the after Christmas sale I went and bought a bunch of packages of ornaments. I got the cheapest ones, not because I’m cheap but my daughter really likes this color. The problem is they’re so cheap, they’re plastic. And they come apart when you touch them. UGH. If I have to I’ll use my trusty glue gun. But so far they’re staying together when I’m not fooling around with them.

IMG_1288

Next, I finished my Heart to Heart scarf. I’m so happy with it. It’s the first time I’ve beaded. I’m glad it didn’t have too many beads. They’re so tiny I was always dropping them when I was on the train. Then I had to hunt for these tiny little beads. Not a pretty sight. But here it is.

IMG_1282

Here’s a close up, because I know you want to see more.

IMG_1279

Well, I must go now and do more womanly things. TaTa.

5 comments:

Millie said...

Love this post Pat! I reckon you might just be fooling us here - I think you & I share the same apron emblazoned with 'I'm Domestically Challenged!' across it! Anyways, enjoy your well-deserved vacation & please do a follow-up post on Day 20.
Millie ^_^

Anonymous said...

Happy V-days! I love the scarf, is it for you?
Alicia

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
Thanks so much for stopping by my Site and for your encourageing word regarding my mom. Things went so much better than expected!
This scarf her is breathtaking!! You did a beautiful job! The model is a cutie too. : )

Barb said...

Hi Pat,
Wow, 3 weeks vacation! Hope you are having fun.
Barb

FEDERICA said...

Hi Pat,
I just found your lovely blog and I'm glad I did!
Beautiful scarf!
You're a lucky girl! 3 weeks of vacation!

Greetings from Italy,
Federica.