Friday, July 25, 2008

Playing Hookey
















I took the day off of work today so I could get ready for my daughter's baby shower. We have people coming in from out of town, including my favorite twin girls! So today I went shopping. If you've never been to Geneva, Illinois you are missing lots. Especially if you're a shopper! It's a quaint little town with tons of great shops. I don't think you could do it all in a day. Maybe a weekend. So today I'm taking you to some of my favorite shops. Before we go we have to get cash, lots of cash.
The first stop is The Little Traveler. It's been around since I was a kid and I'm not going to tell you how long ago that was! It's grown since then but it keeps getting better and better.My husband says my eyes light up when I walk in here. You'll see why. Oh, aren't these pretty?I must stay out of this department.Ahh, yes, this is where I need to be today.They have the cutest baby clothes. And I'm all about that today. Oh, man I can't wait. Here's something that would great in my dining room. Just in case you wondered why I took a picture of it. Ooops, $2800, can't afford it this trip.
I don't need to go in this room. But I did anyway and bought some copper ornaments because the colors I'm using this Christmas are copper and sage.Darn I wish she was having a girl. I could do girly things so well.I'll have to stick in this corner from now on.

Next stop the Paper Merchant so I can get wrapping paper and ribbon.They have the cutest cards here.

Ok That's done. Now I need to go home and wrap everything. I'll take you to more Geneva stores later. It's a lot of fun. Even Ellen DeGeneras had a segment on how fun it is.

Before I forget, here's my latest socks. They are the Nutkin pattern in Wollmeise yarn in the colorway of Spice Market. I really like how they turned out.

1 comment:

highflyinsm said...

I'm thinking of popping over for the art fair this weekend. I will get my schedule on Aug 4, so I will no better then when I will be riding the train.